140 years after the launch of its first luxury trains, the Orient Express legend continues with the launch of the world's largest sailing ship, Orient Express Silenseas. A revolution in maritime history, and a project that pushes back the limits of innovation. The result of a unique French partnership between Accor, the world leader in hospitality, and Chantiers de l'Atlantique, the world's leading cruise ship builder. This extraordinary sailing ship of the future, with its spectacular interiors, will set sail in 2026.
As Finance Controller you will be in charge of all the company's financial topics and will manage accounting, controlling, budgeting, and financial reporting.
Right-hand of the management team to follow the Silenseas vessels' financial matters, you will be involved in the Group's strategic decisions. As Silenseas is a shipbuilding and cruise line launch project, as a core mission you will ensure a close monitoring of the CAPEX and construction budget with a lump-sum mechanism that is contractually defined in the vessel specification.
Consequently, as a finance business partner, you are comfortable with large CAPEX projects' follow-ups, and at ease with P&Ls, Balance Sheets, and Cash Flows Statements. You will have to ensure the set-up of financial processes and tools. Working with an outsourced accounting, you will ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, and maintain accurate financials.
You will also be responsible for handling taxes for the project and, specifically, the elements regarding the “tax au tonnage” and the tax lease financing aspect of the project.
Besides your Finance Controller's core missions, you will have a strong interest in the Silenseas' business model definition and will help through business plan modeling and simulations in terms of future profitability.
Finally, you understand the highest standards on ethics and confidentiality that are expected.
As a Finance Controller, you will assist the Silenseas Executive team in delivering the business plan, following up on the major investment program, setting up the financial processes and tools, and optimizing operating financials.
Details of the missions
The Finance Controller manages and coordinates business plan construction, budgeting, cost controlling, accounting, and financial reporting.
• Following up on the vessel construction investment plan
• Managing and financial reporting the Pre-Opening Budget
• Helping to build the first operating budget
• Setting up financial processes and tools
Business Plans & Budgets
• Overseeing and challenging the annual budget to monitor progress and present financial metrics internally and externally
• Implementing reliable financial management control
• Managing and optimizing cash flows / WCR
• Controlling Activities
• Preparating with support of outsourced accounting services of monthly management accounts including profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow, and, inventory
• Answer audits, VAT, and payroll taxes, including compliance with payment deadlines.
Knowledge, skills & experience
• Business modeling
• Budgeting, Forecasting, Cost Control
• Accounting, financial reporting
• Taxes: tax lease knowledge and “taxe au tonnage” as a plus
• IFRS 16 knowledge
• Previous records as a financial controller, with accounting qualifications such as CPA
• Previous experience in the cruise, hospitality, travel, or luxury sector would be a plus
• Business acumen and experience and appetite for project development
• Team spirit, leadership, and a high level of commitment
• Good reporting and presentation skills
• French and English speakers plus other European languages are an asset
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Orient Express & Raffles
Artisan of Travel since 1883 and Birthplace of stories and legends since 1887, Orient Express and Raffles are two legendary brands, both steeped in history and loved by generations past, present and future.
Representing the pinnacle of ultra-luxury hospitality within Accor Group, both brands are currently going through exciting phases of rebirth and expansion.
Raffles, at distinguished landmark addresses around the world, is the vibrant heart of its destination, curating experiences that are culturally enriching, intellectually stimulating and always respectful of local communities, heritage and the environment. It’s timeless elegance, refined manners and spirit of generosity ensure that every visitor arrives as a guest, leaves as a friend and returns as family.
Orient Express embodies the refined nomadic spirit of travel, inviting each traveller to a place where the journey is the destination. Bringing awe-inspiring travel experiences to a new generation of adventurers, its exceptional portfolio includes The Orient Express, with its original carriages reimagined as the new embassy of French luxury; Orient Express La Dolce Vita, a train embodying the 'Made in Italy' style; Orient Express Silenseas - the world’s largest sailing ship; and remarkable hotels coming to Rome and Venice.
Progressively shaping the future of luxury hospitality, both Raffles and Orient Express are focusing on employee journey and growth.