Mövenpick Mansour Eddahbi is looking for Director of Events & Lifestyle! Role Summary: The Director of Events & Lifestyle is responsible for the successful advancement and completion of the assigned events across venues, as well as managing a wide range of events such as concerts, special entertainment events, family shows, meetings, congresses, and sporting events.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary :
- This person will act as the liaison between client and all venue departments, partners, and stakeholders to maximise operational efficiency through collaboration and communication.
- Responsible for administering all event planning with the client and venue stakeholders throughout the entire event process for assigned events, from advancement to being on-site for load-in through load out.
- Responsible for administering all event planning with the client and venue departments including, but not limited to, staging, lighting and sound, client seating, and client staffing requirements.
- Generate and maintain budgets with timely updates throughout the event process through constant analysis and attention to detail. Track costs against budget for settlement with internal and external clients
- Offer support to the administrative and management team located in the market while finding efficiencies and identifying best practices through policy and protocol guidelines.
- Work with outside agencies to ensure work rules, jurisdictions, codes, and policies are maintained.
- Troubleshoot event day issues and be highly responsive to emergencies in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- Oversee transition from day of event activities to the load out of all equipment for assigned events.
- Evaluate quality of client and guest experience through observation and responding to feedback.
- Collaborate with venue GM throughout the show to ensure an exceptional client and guest experience.
- In tandem with production team, oversee load-in and installation of equipment by defined deadlines in venues.
- 8-10 years working experience in Live Event Production Management with direct responsibility for supervising and directing staff across a wide range of operating functions in a changing environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of nights, weekends & holidays.
- Technical knowledge surrounding production specific items involving but not limited to rigging and engineering review, power provisions, industry standard safety protocols, local regulations, and processes.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks with both financial and operational implications across departments and venues in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience creating and maintaining event budgets and preparing financial information for event settlements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of general building codes & fire safety.
- A general knowledge of culture, sports and other relevant topics and a willingness to learn about live entertainment.
- Strong organisational skills, time management skills, and exceptional attention to detail
- On the operational side, have a track record of significant experience of strategic events marketing and communications in a global corporate or agency environment, preferably with invitation-based events.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.