Interview with Pascale Roque, General Manager, Pierre&Vacances
What are the specific features of Pierre & Vacances products? What is its DNA?
For 50 years, the Group has been developing innovative holiday and leisure concepts that respect the environment in locations by the seaside, in the mountains, in the countryside or in the heart of cities, with a primary goal: to create unique holiday experiences for all families, tribes and friends, in places that are always remarkable.
Pierre & Vacances offers three distinct holiday experiences to more than 2 million holidaymakers each year: premium residences, for an exceptional experience and stay in a chic and soothing atmosphere; villages, for a wide choice of activities, aquatic areas, children’s clubs for all ages; and residences, apartments and houses ideally located and fully equipped.
What projects for Pierre & Vacances?
- Intensify brand development in France and abroad
- Enrich the range of destinations sought by our French and European customers, in particular our Premium label by the sea (+20 residences)
- Win new clientele
- Quickly test new territories for self development
- Develop our franchise agreements
- Innovate to keep pace with changes in usage and behaviour
- Departures and duration of stays: at Pierre & Vacances the end of the Saturday to Saturday holiday diktat is here. Pierre & Vacances was the forerunner!
- Hotel services, "Bed & Breakfast", "à la carte" or "packaged" (accommodation - transport - half board - ski equipment...)
- Remote check-in: no need to queue when you arrive
- A new 100% responsive website that adapts to all screens
- Highlighting the region’s attractions and professionals, in particular with our partner RendezvousCheznous.com
- They are craftsmen, beekeepers, oenologists, fishermen or artists and provide our clients with authentic, sometimes unusual and always off the beaten track activities
- "local discovery" residences (28) which provide recommendations for hiking and local excursions
What are the development priorities?
With more than 260 destinations and nearly 20,000 accommodations in metropolitan France, the West Indies, Spain, the Canary Islands, the Balearics, Portugal, Italy, Sardinia, Croatia and Mauritius, Pierre & Vacances is expanding its offer and offering new residences in Montenegro, Crete, Madeira and Malta.
Our objective is to offer about twenty new residences per year and thus reach nearly 200 international residences within three years.
In order to develop its international supply, Pierre & Vacances has signed marketing agreements with partner residences that all meet the brand’s quality and service standards. A third of these residences offer a setting and services of very high standing, thus doubling Pierre & Vacances premium’s offer. Some residences such as in Mauritius and Portugal, for example, offer exceptional types of accommodation such as villas with private swimming pools.
Our international projects:
1/ Intensify our presence abroad and mainly in major cities (Vienna - Brussels - Rome - London) - 4-year target: 5/10 destinations
2/ Develop new management contracts through our premium label (Corsica - Italy - Austria - Switzerland) - 4-year target: 7/10 destinations
Our projects in Spain:
Pierre & Vacances launched itself on the international market in 2005 with the opening of its first village in Spain, Bonavista de Bonmont on the Costa Dorada. In 2009, we already had 7 residences and villages and today we have 38 Pierre & Vacances sites, including 29 residences, 3 villages and 6 hotels. Our goal is to reach 50 properties by 2021 and thus open 3 to 4 new destinations each year.
More precisely in France?
In May 2018, Pierre & Vacances opened its Pierre & Vacances premium residence Prequ’île de la Touques *****, its first 5-star residence by the sea. Ideally located between the two city centres of Deauville and Trouville, the residence consists of 161 apartments and offers high-end services: 220 m² Deep Nature Spa, indoor and outdoor swimming pool, whirlpools, hammams, saunas, fitness, etc.
Pierre & Vacances, is also continuing to develop at higher altitudes with La Plagne Aime 2000: 53,000 m² of construction including 2,450 new beds, 2,600 m² of water park space and 1,800 m² of shops. Opening: 2020
Other projects are also in the pipeline: Meribel, Avoriaz, Alpe d’Huez, Côte d’Azur, Basque Country... There are also full renovation campaigns for 10% to 15% of our fleet each year.
Find our Interview with Karim Malak, Deputy CEO, Adagio
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login!