In the heart of the East End of the British capital, the Canopy by Hilton London opened its doors this Thursday, October 21. Located in one of London's most dynamic areas, the new hotel joins the Hilton Group's growing portfolio.
Following the openings of Canopy by Hilton Paris Trocadero and Madrid Castellana, the new property joins the Canopy network of more than 30 lifestyle hotels around the world. Canopy hotels are inspired by their local areas and culture, offering a unique guest experience.
The 340-room eco-friendly hotel is part of the Minories project, located near Aldgate Station in the center of the East End - an ideal location for tourists who love contemporary, modern and authentic architecture. It will be operated by 4C Hotel Group, with room rates starting at €249.
Canopy by Hilton continues to expand its presence across Europe with recent openings in Paris and Madrid. We are thrilled to launch the brand in London - one of the world's most dynamic cities. As Hilton prepares to open 30 hotels in the UK over the next five years, Canopy by Hilton London City is a fantastic new acquisition to Hilton's lifestyle portfolio. It symbolizes our commitment to providing exceptional accommodations in the world's best destinations.
Said Simon Vincent, executive vice president and president of Hilton's EMEA region
Today there are 31 properties open worldwide, as well as 29 in the pipeline in 16 countries.
Neil Taylor, chief operating officer of 4C Hotel Group, adds:
We are delighted to expand our portfolio with Hilton with the opening of the first Canopy by Hilton hotel in the UK. Quality and functionality are at the heart of our business. We carefully select hotels that are perfectly located in major cities, so that our guests can easily access major tourist attractions. For our business travelers, we ensure that our hotels are always located close to major transportation routes. This hotel is the perfect collaboration for us, with an incredible location in the heart of London's vibrant East End.
The CANOPY BY Hilton London hotel features 340 guest rooms, a restaurant offering including "Penny Squares" featuring East End dishes prepared with sustainable ingredients, "The Freedom Cafe," as well as the "Florattica" rooftop that will open in 2022.
A 97-square-meter flexible event space to host private meetings and events, a fitness center, as well as Canopy bikes provided free of charge to hotel guests.
The new London address offers services and amenities that fit into Hilton's "Travel with Purpose 2030" goal, which will ultimately strengthen the group's commitment to sustainability, thereby reducing its environmental footprint and intensifying its investment in social impact.
According to the press release issued by the group:
BREEAM VERY GOOD rating - the highest possible for this building category - is targeted to operating in a sustainable manner.
- Building reuse: for sustainability and economy, two of the three buildings that make up this hotel were reused in construction.
- Green thinking: a green roof not only supports the City of London's desire to create more green space, but also contributes to passive heating, allowing the property to retain heat without using additional energy.
- Efficient operations: some of the hotel's energy will come from the solar panels that will adorn another of its roofs, while an intelligent building management system will control the use of lighting and air conditioning throughout the building, significantly reducing energy waste.
- Sustainable sleep: guests will sleep peacefully on beds made from post-industrial recycled steel and wood from sustainable forests. They will wake up with sustainably produced bath products delivered in recyclable packaging. They will drink filtered water, served in reusable glass bottles.
- Local sourcing: the hotel prides itself on sourcing food and beverages from local suppliers, highlighting community farms, artisanal breweries and bakeries