The 647-room Riu Plaza New York Times Square opened its doors at the heart of Manhattan. The $310 million property represents the largest single investment in the history of the Spanish hospitality group.
The group, which also operates the address Riu Plaza Miami Beach, is exploring opportunities to develop additional properties across the United States, with mentions of Boston and San Francisco. The urban brand Riu Plaza consists in a global portfolio of five hotels: the hotels Riu Plaza Berlin, Riu Plaza Guadalajara and Riu Plaza Panama, and the two US properties heretofore mentioned. Riu Hotels is currently owned by TUI Group (50%). According to data published by Hospitality ON, the latter ranked as the 15th hotel group worldwide in terms of rooms as of January 2016, with a portfolio of 316 hotels totalling around 100,000 rooms.
- Meliá Hotels International opens in New York
- Qatar Investment Authority reportedly looking to buy New York and San Francisco St. Regis hotels
- Lotte Hotels & Resorts, a South Korean in New York
- Virgin Hotel New York Groundbreaking
- Aloft gets a new address in New York
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login!