The French hotel group, like the Chinese group HNA, could very well make a bid for the American Carlson Rezidor.
Last month, the Wall Street Journal published information saying the group Carlson had asked the American bank Morgan Stanley about exploring "strategic alternatives" regarding the future of its branch Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group. Several possibilities were thus put forth: partnerships, a merger, or eventually the sale of the operator. It is possible that the last option has been retained.
With the brands Radisson, Park Plaza Hotels, Quorvus and Country Inn and Suites, the operator currently owns a particularly dense portfolio. As of January 2015, Carlson Rezidor was the third largest hotel group worldwide in terms of number of rooms with 172,234 units in 1,092 properties, according to data published by MKG Hospitality.
The consolidation of the hotel industry that has been underway in recent years could continue in 2016.
- A look at a year of consolidation in the hotel industry
- Marriott announces the acquisition of Starwood Hotels group
- AccorHotels acquires FRHI Hotels & Resorts
- Wyndham Hotel Group Acquires Dolce Hotels and Resorts
- Jin Jiang + Plateno create the 7th group worldwide
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login!