At the 17th edition of the Worldwide Hospitality Awards, CityHub received the award for Best Innovation in Hotel Concept. This award recognizes new concepts, services and initiatives demonstrating the sector's capacity to innovate and renew itself.
CityHub opened its doors in 2015 west of Amsterdam and addresses Generation Y. This 2.0 hotel offers a concept of 50 cabins and focuses on new technologies, including the implementation of an application bearing on the city's amenities, an online discussion platform and a connected lobby. In an effort to meet the expectations of 'Millennials', the property encourages personalized travel experiences, exchanges and sociabilization - both online and in the common areas of this futurist hotel. (see dossier)
Two other finalists were also selected:
Moxy, the lifestyle brand by Marriott International positioned on the economy segment, also has an offer for Millennials. Its identity is modern, design and creative. The brand focuses on interactions between the hotel and its guests. Currently, the brand Moxy is located in Europe and the United States. It has 1,094 rooms operating and 11,333 under development worldwide; its goal is to reach a portfolio of 25,000 rooms by 2020. (see dossier)
Another finalist is the lifestyle brand Generator, which offers economy accommodations in urban centers. Targeting the spirit of community and sociability, its properties offer a group of common areas, organize cultural events and have an innovative program for both guests and locals. Generator Hotels currently have 12 properties established in key European cities (Paris, London, Berlin, Venice, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Dublin and Hamburg). Two properties are under development in Miami and Madrid. Each unit has its own identity.
With a record number of candidates, the category for Best Innovation in Hotel Concept was the most competitive in at this year's edition of the Worldwide Hospitality Awards. The following brands and properties also rivaled one another in terms of originality to compete in this category:
- AccorHotels - the French hotel is calling for seeking talents from Design schools to rethink the hotels of tomorrow by leaving the beaten track to surprise its guests, through the "Promising Design" concept. (see dossier)
- The Group B&B Hôtels has launched the challenge to succeed in adapting its "Econochic" concept at the opening of its new flagship property, the B&B Hotel at Disneyland Paris. A concept for an international and family oriented clientele. (see dossier)
- Positioned on the economy segment, Cloud7 Hotels has an offer that focuses on all that is local, innovation and meeting, and each unit has its own identity. It addresses Millennials. (see dossier)
- Comfort Hotel Sixteen is a unit within Choice Hotels group located in Montrouge. Artistic creation lies at the heart of its offer and with this in mind it offers its guests eight atypical settings for its 34 rooms. (see dossier)
- Interactivity is central to the strategy of Declic Hotel, a property located in the neighborhood of Montmartre. This allows its clients to create their own atmosphere and setting in their room through various environments dedicated to photography techniques. (see dossier)
- Frasers Hospitality and Mercedes Benz partner to offer their international clientele a unique and memorable experience by launching 2015 the Mercedes-Benz Living @ Fraser residences at Fraser Suites Kensington and Capri by Fraser Changi, Singapore in 2016. This concept relies in particular on innovation and design. (see dossier)
- Hôtel Les Bulles de Paris offers a theme built around champagne. Its 44 rooms offer an atmosphere evoking this emblematic beverage as well as Paris, love, celebration, the arts. (see dossier)
- The experience offered by Lux Resorts & Hotels addresses luxury clientele and an element of surprise. Concerned about the well-being of their guests, it is full of imagination to satisfy their expectations and anticipate their requests. (see dossier)
- The Sol Katmandu Park & Resort by Melia Hotels International combines resort and amusement park. Located in Majorca, it is inspired by the capital of Nepal. (see dossier)
- Positioned on the upscale lifestyle segment, the idea of the brand nhow by NH Hotels group is to be disruptive and address Millennials. The goal of this brand is to reach a portfolio of 10 units in the next five years. (see dossier)
- Paris OFF Seine is the first floating hotel in the capital. It has an unusual lifestyle offer positioned on the midscale segment. (see dossier)
- Fashion, music and art provided inspiration for Radisson Red Brussels by Carlson Rezidor. Its personalized lifestyle offer addresses Millennials. (see dossier)
- Pentahotel stands out for its philosophy that focuses on gaming with the Penta Playerpad. This concept offers a series of equipments: PlayStation4, flipper, billiards... and food service with burgers and pizza offering an original experience. (see dossier)
- The hotel Renaissance Paris République, by Marriott International is a unique space focusing on multiculturalism and art, in keeping with the neighborhood around Republic and the architecture of its building. (see dossier)
- Rove Hotels is a Dubai lifestyle brand positioned on the midscale segment that blends innovation and cultural heritage. (see dossier)
- Sweet Inn offers apartment rentals with the comfort of home together with a series of htoel services. (see dossier)
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!