For the 15th Worldwide Hospitality Awards ceremony, Hospitality ON offers you front row seats to discover the winners of 2014 and follow the highlights of the event!
For the 15th consecutive year, MKG Group has valorized the initiatives taken by groups, brands and independent hoteliers to make the international hotel industry evolve, by organizing the now essential Worldwide Hospitality Awards. For more than a hundred projects presented for 18 categories, 54 finalists and winners were retained after an on-line vote through Hospitality ON and the deliberation of two juries of experts, both hoteliers and non-hoteliers. Participants in the ceremony have also been invited to contribute to the choice of winners in four categories (Best Communication Campaign, Best Marketing Strategy, Best Hotel Innovation and Best F&B Innovation), through a direct electronic vote. This year once again innovation and exemplariness were privileged and international groups and independent hoteliers alike were rewarded.
"For 15 years, the Hospitality Awards have allowed the international hotel industry to highlight its most original initiatives, its most successful innovations. All the candidatures, and not just the finalists and winners, collectively illustrate the entire, multifarious face of a perpetually evolving hotel industry," declared Georges Panayotis, President and CEO of MKG Group and Founding President of the Hospitality Awards.
The deliberation of different juries, under supervision of a bailiff led to the following awards:
- Ibis Hotels, Ibis Expédition, for the Best Communications Operation
- Kyriad, L’Incroyable Hôtel Kyriad, for the best Marketing Strategy
- Ibis Styles, with Happy Mood Makers, for the Best Initiative in Human Resources (Corporate Concept)
- Lux Resorts, with Etiquette & Moral week, for the Best Initiative in Human Resources (Individual Initiative)
- Hilton Worldwide with Digital check-in with room selection, for the Best Hotel Innovation (Corporate Concept)
- The Student Hotel, for the Best Hotel Innovation (Individual Initiative)
- Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, Sublimotion, for the Best F&B Innovation
- IHG, with The future of local, for the Best Initiative in Social Responsibility (Corporate Concept)
- Melia Hotel Roma, Hotel 6 Stelle, for the Best Initiative in Social Responsibility (Individual Initiative)
In addition the editorial staff of Hospitality-On has awarded the trophy for Best Hotelier to Brian Gleeson, General Manager Radisson Blu Paradise Resort Sochi, in Russia.
This year's innovation brought destinations to the core of the competition with the Award for Best Promotion Strategy for a Tourism Destination, that was awarded to the Comité Régional du Nord-Pas-Calais.
The ceremony continued on a more personal note with the attribution to Rieck Erwin of the Lifetime Achievement Award, Pioneer/Entrepreneur, by Jean-Gabriel Pérès, President and CEO Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts and president of the Advisory Board for the Worldwide Hospitality Awards 2014 and Federico J. Gonzalez Tejera, CEO NH Hotel Group.
The Trophy for Lifetime Achievement Iconic Employee was also attributed by Jean-Gabriel Pérès to Pierre Gruneberg, famous Swimming teacher at the Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat.
Motel One was awarded Grand Prix 2014. Dieter Mueller, CEO Motel One Group, was presented with the trophy by Georges Panayotis, president and founder of MKG Group.
During the ceremony, professionals also encouraged future generations by rewarding them with a series of trophies at this 4th edition of the Hospitality School Awards:
- Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne, for the Best Hospitality Management School
- Vatel School Switzerland, for the Best Educational Innovation
- Maren Schellenberg, Head of the Convention & Group Sales department of the Steigenberger Hotel Am Kanzleramt in Berlin, of the Duale Hochschule in Germany, for Best Professional Success
The Worldwide Hospitality Awards have been organized by MKG Group for fifteen years and each year some 150 dossiers are received from around the world. The awards thus showcase the diversity of hospitality industry worldwide and reveal innovative approaches and concepts.
Discover all the results of the Worldwide Hospitality Awards 2014 http://t.co/Mz9IwqTp9E— Hospitality ON® (@HospitalityON) 17 Novembre 2014
- Worldwide Hospitality Awards: Motel One receives the Grand Prize 2014
- Worldwide Hospitality Awards: The CRT Nord-Pas de Calais rewarded for its promotion strategy
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login!