Access the main content

Interviews

Radisson Hotel Group takes an offensive approach with digital

It took 15 months for Rémy Merckx, Vice President Digital, Radisson Hotel Group, and his staff to develop a global digital platform that is inclusive and unites all the group's brands in one place: RadissonHotels.com.

The group's seven brands - Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson, Radisson RED, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson et Country Inn & Suites by Radisson - are now gathered on a single platform as a single point of entry for the group's clients and prospective customers. In the digital challenge Remy Merckx has become VP Digital.

A look at the genesis of the project

On a tight schedule, the team of 25 people, supported by 240 group employees, successfully completed this structuring project.

"In two weeks, a team was assembled, the scope set up, the design chosen and the retroplanning ready." "For me it was essential to work with a small and close-knit team in order to stay focused on our objectives, to keep the schedule and to deliver." "We also had the support of an executive committee, of which our CEO Federico Gonzalez Tejera was a member." 

"An agile, solid team," is how Rémy Merckx defined his collaboration to bring this major project to fruition.

"It was necessary to prioritize and be able to say no," confides Rémy Merckx. "We had a defined budget for this project based on 15 months and we prioritise our actions in order to respect it. This is why our digital strategy will enter phase 2 with the birth of a new CRM scheduled that is scheduled to open in 2020 to have a full 360° perspective on our clients."

The production team was also in constant contact with colleagues from different trades and sectors, each of whom played an advisory role and provided a critical perspective on the project. They provided communication about the progress of the project in order to allow the central team to remain 100% focused on the development of the project.

This first release of the platform and in a few days of the mobile application corresponds to the achievement of 80% of the objectives set by the group on digital. The remaining 20% development is above all about improving and personalizing the customer experience. These actions will further increase the conversion rate by offering the right product at the right time, thus increasing the chances of making sales.

RHG App

"We are targeting 360° awareness of our clients and expect this information to carry over to all our tools."

The Radisson Rewards program is integrated into the platform, the group's clientele will thus have all of Radisson in their pocket.

Positive feedback from hoteliers

The platform went online last June 18. 

"I am in constant contact with our hoteliers who play a central role in the success of the project. This platform is 70% content by hoteliers. Technically, all the back-end and front-end have changed, we have developed a new CMS with a new content governance procedure. We also launched a new Digital Asset Management platform. These two tools are now centralized and global for all the group's hotels. The content now generates centralized quantitative and qualitative data. The goal is clear: to maximize revenues."

It implies two key advantages for hoteliers:

  1. Maximization of cross-selling. This unique platform makes it possible to adapt to changes in habits where customer needs may differ depending on the moment and the context. Clientele will find all the Radisson Hotel Group solutions in the same place.
  2. Cost reduction for technological and marketing needs that are centralized in a single tool.

A central goal: turnover

In the next three years, the group wants to double turnover through digital channels. This would mean that the digital hantes will e first in termes of generating turnover. 50% of this increase will be driven by the improved conversion rate, 20% thanks to the increase in qualified traffic, 20% thanks to commercialization and the remaining 10% through diverse operations including  marketing.

What are the cross-overs with the other brands in the group Jin Jiang?

Just as the group began its integration through co-branding of certain properties to welcome Chinese clientele, this porosity transfers to the digital platform. Connectivity between the Jin Jiang and Radisson Hotel Group platforms is beginning to fall into place with the integration of fifty or so of the European group's properties in the Chinese group. 

Cross-channel; cross-selling, cross-marketing are the key words to this strategic projet.

Loading...

Vous avez consulté 10 content. Go back home page or en haut de la page.

Access next article.

Sign up to add topics in favorite. Sign up to add categories in favorite. Sign up to add content in favorite. Register for free to vote for the application.

Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered?