As the summer season comes to a close, the outdoor hotel industry is celebrating the fall season with a succession of different initiatives (creations, acquisitions, sales, etc.) that have punctuated these two months of holidays. An overview of the major changes announced during the summer.
Four additional campsites for Capfun
Since their most recent acquisition last May, Capfun has pursued its buy-back policy throughout France. Four new sites joined the group during the summer season, a season that produced results that were "good overall" and even very positive for the Atlantic and Breton coasts, as was the case in the hotel industry. This acquisition represents a total volume of 1,160 pitches.
The new units are:
- La Nautique (4 stars, 390 pitches) Narbonne (Aude)
- La Chênaie (4 stars, 335 pitches) in Pornic in Loire-Atlantique (44), formerly Yelloh! Village
- La Route Blanche (5 stars, 269 pitches) in Bréville-sur-Mer (Manche)
- Le Val d’Authie (5 stars, 164 pitches) in Villers-sur-Authie (Somme), sold via Sites and Paysages (see below)
The latest additions to Yelloh! Villages by 2020
While before the high season the group announced five new addresses for next year, it has just added two more to its pipeline:
- Le domaine de l’Orée, in Les Sables d’Olonne (Vendée): a 4-star classified establishment with 307 pitches
- La Clairière, in La Tremblade (Charente Maritime) : a 4-star campsite with 292 pitches and a lagoon pool
Four new members at Sites et Paysages
The chain will add four new sites by 2020. Sites et Paysages will thus have a total of 48 outdoor properties, throughout Metropolitan France, whether on the coasts, in the mountains or in rural areas.
The new campsites are:
- La Rivière fleurie (3 stars, 66 pitches) in Saint-Antoine-de-Breuilh (Dordogne).
- Le Moulin de Chaules (3 stars, 56 pitches) in Saint-Constant (Cantal)
- La Motte (4 stars, 91 pitches) in Vendrennes (Vendée)
- Le Pouldu (3 stars, 100 pitches) in Clohars-Carnoët (Finistère)
In addition to these acquisitions, the network has divested itself of two units:
- The Val d'Authie (5 stars, 164 pitches) in Villers-sur-Authie (Somme), recovered by Capfun (see above)
- Aux Portes des Mille Sources (3 stars, 80 pitches) in Bugeat (Corrèze)
Launch of the chain Treflio
A new 3-star campsite chain, Treflio is entering the market with a portfolio of 13 establishments to start with (two of which are former Airotel units - the latter now only integrating high-end establishments).
The portfolio contains:
- L'Eau vive (3 stars, 155 pitches) in Dauphin (Alpes-de-Haute-Provence)
- Bellevue Park (3 stars, 245 pitches) in Cannes (Alpes Maritimes)
- Le Saint Lambert (3 stars, 133 pitches) in Millau (Aveyron)
- Le Chant des Oiseaux (3 stars, 150 pitches) in Royan (Charente-Maritime)
- Les Floralies (3 stars, 232 pitches) in Dolus d'Oléron (Charente-Maritime)
- L'Océan (3 stars, 206 pitches) in Châtelaillon-Plage (Charente-Maritime)
- Le Repaire (3 stars, 108 pitches) in Thiviers (Dordogne)
- Camping de Kersentic (3 stars, 81 pitches) in Fouesnant (Finistère)
- The Lahitte Forest (3 stars, 111 pitches) in Parentis-en-Born (Landes)
- Camping du Bord de Mer (3 stars, 88 pitches) in Saint-Michel-Chef-Chef-Chef (Loire-Atlantique)
- La Chataigneraie (3 stars, 80 pitches) in Agos-Vidalos (Hautes-Pyrénées), former Airotel unit
- Les Alizés (3 stars, 147 pitches) in Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez (Vendée)
- La Sorguette (3 stars, 164 pitches), in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue (Vaucluse), former Airotel unit
Alain Laparra, Marketing Director of Airotel and Treflio, summarizes the strategic orientations of this new chain which has specialized in the mid-range segment targeting a clientele that wants to "get together", without joining a franchise.
We didn't have a target in terms of the number of properties, but we are very happy to be thirteen to start with. Especially since other campsites are waiting.
Sandaya buys Les Alicourts Resort
The Sandaya group of campsites, which has already taken over 27 campsites since its creation in 2010, acquired the Alicourts Resort in Sologne at the end of August. This resort is a 5-star, ultra high-end property in Pierrefitte-sur-Sauldre (Loir-et-Cher) and a member of the European chain Leading Campings. It has 550 pitches on a 67-hectare estate with a lake covering 4 hectares, a real aquatic complex (three swimming pools, one of which is enclosed and heated, a wave pool, a garden and water slides...) a 1,000 m² spa, a golf course, a fitness room and a tennis court.
As an example of a real medium-term development strategy, the Sandaya Group plans to develop about forty sites over the next three years.
New camping concept in Quiberon, by Odalys
The group will launch a new outdoor hotel concept in 2021, called "NOMAD". Odalys already owns three other brands corresponding to three different ranges, namely "Fun", "Zen" and "Explo", the development of a fourth one is in line with the growth strategy of the franchiser, which already lists 82 campgrounds of which it directly manages 12.
Antoine KIEFFER, Deputy Managing Director of the Odalys Group, adds:
While several NOMAD campsite projects are under study, Odalys Group plans to increase its presence in the outdoor hotel market by developing all its ranges. This strategy of sustainable development will involve the creation of new sites and the management of existing campsites.
The concept is based on a lightweight outdoor housing module system, whether it is a mobile home, cabin or lodge, custom-designed, so that once assembled it will be "installed" on site at its final destination. Moreover, the different dwellings "will be distributed among several residential blocks identified by distinct green spaces and a clean environment".
The selected site, which is a former municipal campsite in Quiberon (Morbihan) that will soon close in October, will cover 4 hectares and include 165 accommodations that will be "black to blend in better with their environment"; this is "an innovative hue for campsite codes, and it is synonymous with elegance and conveys Brittany's identity". In addition to accommodations, it will offer various services such as retail sales through a local grocery store, exercise with a swimming pool, relaxation with a sauna, as well as fun with an aquatic area and facilities for children. Together, the project represents an investment of €6.8 million for the Odalys group.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!