After the Covid-19 crisis, the ambition of the group is to "redefine cleanliness and support guests’ personal wellbeing throughout their stay".
IHG Way of Clean programme was launched in 2015 in partnership with Diversey and Ecolab, facing new realities, IHG decided to expand this program and adapt it to the Covid 19 situation.
The following changes are to be expected :
- "Reception: Reduced contact at check-in, touchless transactions, front-desk screens, sanitiser stations, sanitised key cards, paperless checkout
- Guest Room: Visible verification of sanitised items (e.g., glassware, remote control), reduction of in-room furnishings/high-touch items, new laundry protocols, use of new technology
- Public Spaces and Facilities: Additional deep cleaning of high-touch surfaces, social distancing, "last cleaned" charts, best practices for pools, fitness centres and lounges
- Food & Beverage: New standards and service approach to buffets, banquets, room service and catering"
- "Cleanliness information in hotels and on IHG’s booking channels
- Social distancing operating procedures and signage
- Guidance on the use of protective equipment as necessary by hotel colleagues
- Updated colleague training and certification
- Availability of individual guest amenity cleaning kits
- Hand sanitiser and disinfecting wipes available in guest rooms and at high-touch points throughout hotels"
Al these measures are to be implemnted by June 1st. The work made in this area is to be supervised by the IHG Clean Promise and Global Cleanliness Board.
“The future of travel may look different, but a safe, secure stay is fundamental to deliver True Hospitality – and that will never change. By combining IHG’s world-class knowledge and processes, with cutting-edge expertise [...] we can reassure guests and colleagues that we’re focused on protecting their health and wellbeing. This includes looking at where technology can make a difference, deploying enhanced, highly visible and more frequent cleaning measures, and different approaches to food and beverage, all underpinned by our new IHG Clean Promise.” déclares Keith Barr, Chief Executive Officer for IHG.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!