Access the main content


Starwood Hotels & Resorts accelerated development in 2013

In 2013, Starwood Hotels & Resorts boosted its international development with the signing of 152 new franchise and management contracts, 16% more than in 2012. According to the group, 60% of these agreements were in strong growth markets, like Bangladesh, Malaysia, Indonesia, Colombia, and Saudi Arabia. The remaining 40% were located in developed countries, with a large number of hotel conversions. "2014 is setting out to be even better than 2013, with several major steps for us, like the opening of the 200th Westin hotel and 200th Four Point by Sheraton, as well as the development of Le Méridien", says Frits van Paasschen, President & CEO of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Over 2013, the hotel group opened 74 new establishments, for about 16,200 rooms, spread over 22 countries, including several emerging markets. It now has a total portfolio of 1,200 establishments in 100 countries.


You have consulted 10 content. Go back home page or at the top of the page.

Access next article.

Sign up to add topics in favorite. Sign up to add categories in favorite. Sign up to add content in favorite. Register for free to vote for the application.

Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered?