IHG Hotels & Resorts has revealed the continued growth of its voco™ hotels brand within European markets. The voco brand, is experiencing an expansion, with a series of recent property signings and openings, in countries such as France, Spain, the UK&I, Austria, Portugal, and Belgium. The total number of voco properties in Europe, including those currently opened and the pipeline, has surged to 37. This represents an increase from the 28 properties recorded at the end of 2022, marking an important growth rate of over 25% within the span of ten months.
Originally launched in 2018, voco hotels have gained prominence within the IHG portfolio. With over 100 properties signed and opened across the globe, these new additions bring the brand closer to achieving its global goal of reaching 200 properties, situated in both urban and leisure destinations by the year 2028.
“Each voco hotels property that gets added to our portfolio is a real sign of the confidence from our owners across multiple markets in the brand. voco hotels proves popular due to its design and operational framework conducive to conversion, empowering owners to carry through their own unique visions for their property. Guests enjoy the individual character and local charm of each hotel, and the speed at which the brand is growing in these popular markets is great proof of its successful formula.”- Mrs Willemijn Geels, VP Development, Europe at IHG Hotels & Resorts
- voco™ Belfast, UK: voco Belfast marks the brand's debut property in Northern Ireland. This hotel is set to open its doors in early 2024 in partnership with Cliste Hospitality. Featuring 120 appointed rooms in a city center location, voco Belfast provides guests with quick access to Belfast's landmarks, museums, shopping districts, and entertainment venues.
- voco™ Letchworth Hall, UK: Expected to open in 2024, this property with 87 rooms is set to offer a countryside experience. Nestled across eight acres of grounds overlooking Letchworth Golf Club in Hertfordshire, voco Letchworth Hall is a destination for staycations, spa retreats, or special occasions.
- voco™ Zeal Exeter Science Park, UK: IHG's first net-zero carbon hotel is scheduled to open in early 2025. voco Zeal Exeter Science Park, featuring 142 rooms, aligns with the Net Zero Carbon Buildings Framework Definition of the UK Green Building Council. The hotel is located near the southwest English city of Exeter and offers a variety of facilities for both leisure and business guests.
- voco™ Granada, Spain: Set to open in late 2025, this 166-room hotel is located next to the Convention Centre of Granada, offering easy access to the city's communication hub, and the shopping mall. It serves as a basecamp for guests exploring nearby attractions such as the Alhambra, the Generalife Gardens, and the Albayzin, all while enjoying on-site dining options.
- voco™ Brussels City North, Belgium: Recently opened in September 2023, this hotel is located within the innovation campus of Living Tomorrow, offering guests views of the city skyline from its high-tech rooms. The hotel provides 92 guest rooms, along with meeting space and many amenities.
- voco™ Vienna Prater, Austria: Situated in Brigittenau district, this 141-room hotel offers guests a selection of nearby shops, restaurants, and bars. The nearby traditional Vindobona theatre hosts a range of comedy performances. The hotel includes a full-service restaurant, a raised bar, and three meeting. This marks IHG's second voco hotel in Austria, opened in October 2023.
- voco™ Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa, UK: Opened in May 2023, this country house hotel is nestled on 22 acres of countryside, just an hour from central London. The hotel provides guests with various treatments and leisure facilities. Two dining options are available, including La Collina Pizzeria, offering Italian pizzas cooked in an open-plan kitchen, and The Tudor Restaurant, which serves modern British cuisine while offering views of the Surrey Hills.
- voco™ Madrid Retiro, Spain: Opened in October 2023, this hotel is situated a mere 700 meters from the Retiro Park. The hotel has 197 guest rooms. The hotel offers hybrid meeting rooms, a tapas bar, and a private rooftop.
- voco™ Paris - Porte de Clichy, France: A hotel that opened recently and is located in Clichy-Batignolles, in an eco-district in the north-west area of Paris. The hotel boasts 264 spacious and equipped bedrooms, a restaurant called Romcoco, a rum bar, 11 meeting rooms, a conservatory with a large terrace, and a co-working space.
- voco™ Algarve Formosa Park, Portugal: Set to open by the end of 2023, this hotel marks the debut of the voco hotels brand in Portugal. It has a full-service restaurant, bar, exclusive access to two golf courses, and an outdoor pool. It is located within the scenic Ria Formosa Nature Park, next to the Ancão Beach and it provides 61 suites with views and sounds of the Atlantic Ocean.
Expanded Presence: As of September 30, 2023, voco hotels features 55 properties worldwide, with an additional 51 in the pipeline.