Isabelle Richard, adjointe à la sous-directrice, DGE-Sous-direction du tourisme, Ministère de l’économie, de l’industrie et du numérique, was present at the last edition of the Global Lodging Forum to present the national strategy for tourism.
- Listening to professionals, during the Conference of Tourism and events organized by Laurent Fabius with the implementation of the Conseil de la Promotion du Tourisme, which met on several occasions.
- International promotion, through the work of Atout France on the tourist source markets, particularly at foreign embassies. Export and Import are also a part of the strategy, with the assistance of export corporations to gain market shares, but also by bringing investors to France.
- Hospitality lineup, by facilitating visa applications for Asian clientele (now ready in 48 hours), suppressing the requirement of making hotel reservations ahead of time, improving hospitality in airports (construction of CDG Express, reserved lane for taxis on the A1 and A6b highways and implementation of an airport transportation price), valorization of the brand "Qualité Tourisme", a guarantee of high standards of hospitality and service.
- Structuring the supply, with the desire to develop certain thematic areas such as summer alpine tourism and urban tourism.
- Governance, encouraged locally. With destination contracts, regions become more international with a reinforced local strategy.
- The simplification of corporations, marked by the publication of the "ordonnance du 26 mars 2015" which calls for the implementation of a six-year deadline for obligatory upgrading in addition to accessibility, safety and public health but also through standards currently being finalized that will involve the security checks for international tourists and the posting of hotel prices.
- Digital and innovation: follow up of procedures with respect to OTAs, a full analysis of difgital and innovations today, and the accompaniment of start-ups by French Tech.
— Hospitality ON Fr (@HospitalityONfr) 13 Avril 2015
"Tourism brings 10 billion euros to France's economy."
- Global Lodging Forum 2015: Advice from Paul Dubrule on becoming a serial entrepreneur
- Global Lodging Forum 2015: Promote the destination to encourage hotel development?
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!