At the Global Lodging Forum, the go-to event for hospitality professionals, held on April 10 and 11, 2017 at the Pullman Paris Montparnasse, Vanguélis Panayotis, CEO MKG Consulting, offered an analysis of the differentiation of accommodations offers.
- "In terms of satisfaction, Airbnb is stronger than other types of accommodations, except that in the hotel industry lifestyle products drive satisfaction up with very high results, although they don't represent high volume."
- "The notion of design is important, in that “the expression of beauty” is a safe haven. The harder the times, the more people need to return to this value."
- "Design For Trust corresponds to designing an experience of confidence; creating a relationship of confidence to exchange apartments with one another. This concept developed at a propitious moment: during the pauperization of the middle classes; this resulted in AirBnB doing well. It offers the promise of human contact and experiences. Actors in the sharing economy have ridden on a notion of authenticity."
- "In Paris and Marseille, we have seen a drop in the level of satisfaction in private accommodations over a certain level (400 euros) because while guests receive a nice product, at that price services are missing from what could otherwise be a fully satisfying experience?"
- "Quality for value is no longer enough in the world of commercial accommodations: experience must be added into the formula, resulting in a quality-experience-price ratio."
- Like hotel chains in the 80s/90s, lifestyle products offer different levels of equipment that are at least as good as what might be found at home."
- "One of the areas where lifestyle hotels and the industry overall can still improve, is personnel. People are what make the difference."
- "There is a real demand for "empowerment" from clients and staff alike."
- "Recruiting is sometimes only based on "soft skills"; the goal is to develop an image that reflects the client."
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login!