The merger of five Italian brands gives rise to the first tourism group in Italy offering all kinds of services: hotels, host agencies , consulting, F&B and retirement homes.
The announcement has just been made: AG Group is the product of the merge between brands founded by a single entrepreneur, Andrea Girolami. The companies RSI - Italy Boutique Journey (2000), Italy Hotels Collection (2011), MAG Hotels (2015) and Diana's Place (2017), will be reorganized and transformed to become the entities of the new group.
The goal of this merger, which has led to full re-branding, is to make the services offer clearer by allowing a single entry portal for tourism in Italy.
The group, which employs 250, includes five business units:
- AG Hotels: collection of five upscale hotels (a sixth will open in September 2019 and a seventh in the fall).
- AG Boutique Journey: DMC, Tour Operator, Event Management & Wedding planner, specializing in the luxury market.
- AG Hotel Consulting: revenue consulting agency with a portfolio of 30 hotels
- AG Foodies: AG Foodies, Bistros in Rome city centre as well as two AG Hotels, plus the one very soon to open in Florence where menus are creatively managed and directed by the Michelin star chef Andrea Fusco
- AG Domus Nova: Retirement Home project, a new service to respond to the demand for hospitality for the third age.
Italy is characterized by a hotel supply that is essentially independent. This market, representing a total of 30,443 properties for 1.01 million rooms, has a very weak penetration rate for major hotel chains - 9.3% in 2018 for 804 hotels or 94,288 rooms (source: MKG Consulting). Moreover, the chain supply is developing on both the economy and the upscale segment, as is currently the case with AG Group, which is following a fundamental trend.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login!