Discover the complete list of winners of the 20th edition of the Worldwide Hospitality Awards. This edition was chaired by Mr Kenneth Macpherson, CEO Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia of the InterContinental Hotel Group, the world's 4th largest hotel group. This very special edition saw the two founders of the Accor Group, Paul Dubrule and Gérard Pélisson, celebrated for their major contribution to the hotel industry.
It is the projects, ideas, achievements, genius and energy of the hoteliers that were rewarded at the 20th Worldwide Hospitality Awards. Over the past 20 years, nearly 3000 candidates, nearly 100 brands awarded at the competition, all of them world renowned. 20 years of the Worldwide Hospitality Awards, and as many presidents of ceremonies including Sébastien Bazin, Andrew Cosslett, Jean-Marc Espalioux, David Kong, Arne Sorenson and many others. Presidents of the jury such as Luc Chatel, Clara Gaymard, Hervé Novelli, Hugues Parant, Laurence Parisot or Bernard De La Villardière...
Georges Panayotis, Founding President of the Worldwide Hospitality Awards, declared in his welcoming speech: "Our beautiful ecosystem is no longer only composed of hotels but also of campsites, residences, rentals, co-living, co-working, home sharing, hostels, hybrid accommodation, cruises... The world of hospitality has entered a real revolution. If there are several paths to follow, the only way to follow them is through boldness, tenacity and inventiveness!"
Kenneth Macpherson, CEO EMEAA, InterContinental Hotel Group said at the opening of the ceremony: "Hospitality is all about caring and that has to expand beyond the services that we all provide. It is also about understanding that our actions and values define our culture and in turn shape our reputation with all of our stakeholders. And this only works when I act, when you act, when we act together. And that has been true for this industry for centuries. Reminded of an old African proverb, that says: If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. And I’m deeply optimistic that we can, and the inspiring initiatives and innovations that we come together to celebrate this evening are a clear indications of what’s possible..."
For this 20th edition, the presidency of the jury was entrusted to Mr. Frédéric Lefebvre, Minister & Partner at Lemoine & Lefebvre. After an online vote, the jurors selected the winners in the 15 categories of the competition. The deliberations of the various juries, as well as the votes in the room controlled by a bailiff, made it possible to identify the winners in each category:
- The Lifetime Achievement trophy was awarded to two historical pioneering personalities in the European and global hotel industry: Paul Dubrule and Gérard Pélisson, co-founder of the 1st European hotel group and 6th largest worldwide group: Accor. It was Prime Minister Jean-Pierre Raffarin who presented their trophies to these two pioneers of the European hotel industry.
- Best Storytelling and Communication Campaign BtoB : Venez pour nos hôtels, Revenez pour nos hôteliers, Akéna Hotels - Fasthôtel - Finalists B&B Hotels, Radisson Hotel Group
- Best Storytelling and Communication Campaign BtoC : New Communication Platform - Mgallery. Stories that stay, Accor - Finalists Gran Meliá Hotels & Resorts, Logis
- Best Marketing Operation : Accor, Story of Tomorrow - Finalists Jaz in the City, Appart’City
- Best Digital Transformation : Find a Sport Buddy - Share sport émotions, Club Med - Finalists Accor Welcome-In, Radisson Hotel Group
- Best Concept : Yust - Finalists Greet Hotels, Odalys
- Best "WOW Effect!" : Le Dôme Bar, InterContinental Lyon – Hôtel Dieu, IHG - Finalists Marriott Hotel International, Metropole Monte-Carlo
- Best Guest Experience : La Maison d'Artistes, Grape Hospitality - Finalists Le Méridien Etoile, Melia Serengeti
- Best Initiative in Sustainable Development & Social Responsibility : Politique " Zéro Déchet Alimentaire " à LUX* Le Morne, Mauritius - Finalists Hurtigruten, Indian Hotel Company Limited
- Best Initiative in Human Resources and Talent Management : Change 100 – IHG’s internship programme supporting students with disabilities - Finalists Dorchester Collection, Appart'City
- Meilleure Innovation Pédagogique : EHL’s Augmented Bachelor Degree in International Hospitality Management - Finalists Glion Institute of Higher Education, Taylor's University, Malaysia
- Manager of the Year : Géraldine DOBEY, general manager - Hôtel Barrière Le Fouquet's Paris - Finalists Parveen Chander Kumar Indian Hotels Company Limited, Franka Holtmann, Le Meurice
- Employee of the Year : Clément EMERY - Shangri-La Hotel, Paris - Finalists Dinesh Nadeemal Indian Hotels Company Limited, Dinesh Kunder, Radisson Hotel Group
- Best Innovation in an Educational Programme : IUBH International University, Anastasia OSIPOV - Finalists Vanessa Lannou, Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne, Lukas Vallée Valletta, ITHQ
- Special Prize was awarded to InterContinental Paris le Grand for Fundraising for Mécénat Chirurgie Cardiaque
- The 2019 Grand Prix was awarded to the Barrière Group
Gérard Pélisson shared with the audience Brillat-Savarin's words "To receive someone is to ensure their happiness as long as they are under your roof."
Paul Dubrule recalled that "To sleep you need a bed, when we travel, we sleep. So you have a great future.”
The Worldwide Hospitality Awards have been organized by Hospitality ON for twenty years and each year nearly 150 entries are received from all over the world. The awards are thus a true showcase of the diversity that the hotel industry can offer the world and a revealer of the most innovative approaches and concepts.