On Monday January 2, Dubai's government presented a project to develop the biggest harbour in the Middle East.
The destination continues to invest in the tourism market and confirms its will to position itself among the leading seaports worldwide; Dubai's government has just announced the development of Dubai Harbour, a waterfront destination in Mina Al Seyahi- between the neighborhoods of Jumeirah Beach Residence and Palm Jumeirah. This project will be developed by the company Meraas and will include nearly 1,400 berths for luxury yachts (bringing the destination's capacity to 4,400 ), a cruise ship port and terminal able to accommodate up to 6,000 passengers simultaneously. It will also include building a 135-meter tower called "Dubai Lighthouse" that will house a hotel and observation center. Hotels (including a property that will have a water station allowing guests access via water transportation), residences, a shopping center, a theater and a collection of restaurants and cafés will also be developed there.
This project is part of Dubai Tourism Vision 2020, which consists of promoting tourism and strengthening its position among the leading destinations worldwide. In 2017, Dubai welcomed an estimated 650,000 maritime passengers.
- Dubai's hotel supply surpasses 100,000 rooms
- Dubai diversifies its supply to attract more tourists
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts strengthens Dubai portfolio
- Dubai: the hotel market continues to grow
- Oasis Eco Resort: a sustainable hotel concept in the desert
- Dubai to welcome first Hard Rock Hotel in the Middle East