After recording net income growth of +49% in the last quarter of 2019 (to $64 million), the company is setting a roadmap for global development in EMEA.
New markets are entering the Wyndham portfolio: Armenia, Croatia, Kyrgyzstan, and Denmark. It is a key step in the brand's development, as the brand also announces a tighter network of properties in Europe (Greece, Germany, Portugal, Georgia) as well as in the Middle East, Africa and Asia (India).
Dimitris Manikis, President and CEO of Wyndham Hotels and Resorts, EMEA, testified about this development:
We are incredibly proud of our strong growth across the region in 2019 and look forward to building on this momentum in 2020 and beyond, across new and existing markets. The EMEA is one of the most diverse regions in the world, and with our wide hotel presence, significant diversity of brands entering new destinations, our expansion is key to deliver on our vision to make hotel travel possible for all, and ensure there is a Wyndham hotel to suit any traveller’s need visiting this vibrant region.
In Europe, several Super 8 by Wyndham hotels will soon open in Mainz and Augsburg (Germany), Tbilisi (Georgia) and Budapest (Hungary). In Portugal, Wyndham Grand Algarve has already recently opened in Quinta do Lago, the brand's debut in the country.
In the Middle East are expected Ramada Encore by Wyndham Muscat Al Ghubra in Muscat, in the Sultanate of Oman, where a first property opened last year, Wyndham Garden. A reinforcement of the presence on the Dubai territory is also planned in 2020 thanks to the arrival of 3 new properties, including the arrival of the Super 8 brand with Wyndham Deira Waterfront.
The previous year was also marked by several important steps in the group's growth strategy, such as the introduction of the high-end brand La Quinta by Wyndham in Turkey with La Quinta by Wyndham Istanbul Gunesli, bringing to over 80 the number of units of Wyndham Hotels and Resorts in the country.
In 2019, the openings included:
- Comwell Aarhus, Dolce by Wyndham, Denmark (240 rooms)
- Wyndham Quinta Istanbul Gunesli, Turkey (404 rooms)
- Wyndham Grand Tbilisi, Georgia (158 rooms)
- Wyndham Garden Muscat Al Khuwair, Oman (143 rooms)
- Wyndham Grand Algarve, Portugal (132 rooms)
- Wyndham Grand Crete Mirabello Bay, Greece (311 rooms and bungalows)
- Dolce by Wyndham Akti Imperial Hotel & Convention Centre, Greece (over 700 keys)
- Ramada de Wyndham Madrid Getafe, Spain (96 rooms)
- Super 8 by Wyndham Hamburg City, Germany (274 rooms)
- Ramada of Wyndham Bengaluru Yelahanka, India (80 rooms)
- Ramada by Wyndham Kapurthala, India (69 keys)
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!