The British group specializing in the luxury segment continues acquisitions.
Rocco Forte Hotels has announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire Grand Hotel Villa Igiea in Palermo, Sicily. With 122 rooms currently available and operated by MGallery by Sofitel, it is located 2 kilometers from the port of Palermo.
Currently operating 11 hotels, the group plans to add 5 luxury hotels over the next two years, including 4 in Italy:
- Westbund Hotel, in Shanghai (219 rooms): to open in 2019
- Hotel de la Ville, à Rome (109 rooms): to open in 2019
- Masseria Torre Maizza, in Puglia (28 rooms): scheduled to open May 2019
- Grand Hotel Villa Igiea, in Palermo, in Sicily (122 rooms): opening scheduled in May 2020
- Rocco Forte House, in Rome
Sir Rocco Forte said: "The confidence our brand enjoys lies at the heart of the ambitious expansion plans we are announcing. This is the first step in a long-term strategy that will allow us to establish a foothold in Europe's major capitals and cultural centres. We intend to open properties in the best locations and we are committed to ensuring that each one has a strong style and personality."
According to Hospitality ON's global ranking of luxury brands, Rocco Forte is ranked 32nd with 11 properties and 1,825 rooms as of July 1, 2018.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login!