The international group plans to seize opportunities in Africa to reach 38,000 rooms on the continent by 2023.
Marriott International has announced that it intends to significantly increase its supply in Africa to 220 hotels and 38,000 rooms by 2023, a 50% increase in number of rooms compared to today according to the American group.
Five new projects have already been signed, representing an investment of more than $250 million by the owners and enabling the group to increase its offer in South Africa, Ghana, Kenya and Morocco.
Hotel conversions are also planned to achieve these objectives, such as the next Marriott Marrakech Hotel (360 rooms), which should be operational by 2020.
Among the upcoming openings of Marriott International in Africa are:
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Pretoria Loftus Park, South Africa (152 rooms): scheduled to open in 2018
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Nairobi (250 rooms): scheduled to open in 2021
- Four Points by Sheraton Nampula, Mozambique (100 hotel rooms and 85 extended stay units): opening of the group's first hotel in Mozambique planned for 2023
- AC by Marriott Umhlanga Ridge, Kwazulu Natal, Durban (205 rooms): scheduled to open in 2023
- AC by Marriott Cape Town, Waterfront (188 rooms): construction work will begin this year
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!