InterContinental Hotels Group continues to expand its brands across Latin America and the Caribbean, with 40 hotels in the current pipeline to add nearly 6,000 rooms in the region over the next several years.
- In Mexico, IHG announced the arrival of the Candlewood Suites brand in Mexico and the continued growth of the Staybridge Suites brand in the country. Meanwhile, the operator signed two properties operated under the Crowne Plaza brand in Chihuahua and San Miguel Allende.
- Two new-build Holiday Inn Express Hotels entered the Peruvian market.
- The first Holiday Inn Express hotel was launched in Paraguay (120 rooms).
- IHG is also set to debut the 227-room InterContinental Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic.
- In Colombia, the opening of a Crowne Plaza hotel in Baranquilla will mark the group's 14th property in the country. It will be IHG's second hotel in the destination along the exisiting Holiday Inn Express (154 rooms).
By the end of 2017, the British operator will also open additional hotels across Mexico, Colombia, Chile, the Bahamas and Ecuador. In June, IHG announced that it is investing $200 million in the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand in the Americas region. The group currently operates nearly 38,000 rooms under six brands in Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean. IHG ranked as the third largest hotel group worldwide in terms of rooms with 5,032 hotels totaling 744,368 rooms as of January 1, 2016, according to data published by Hospitality ON.
- IHG strengthens its presence in Eastern Europe
- IHG expands to Shanghai
- IHG develops Hotel Indigo in Singapore
- IHG announces the development of two hotels in New Zealand's South Island
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!