The Spanish group will operate two properties in key US cities as early as next month, thus entering the North-American market.
Located in Manhattan at 70 Park Avenue, in a building dating back to 1928, the New York hotel will have 205 rooms spread across 16 floors. Formerly operated by Kimpton Hotels, it is scheduled to open June 15. Despite currently registering slightly declining hotel performances, "Big Apple" remains a sure value in the long run. The destination posted new records in terms of visitor arrivals last year, with 46 million US visitors and 12,3 foreign tourists.
The group will also open its second property in the United States: Miami's Berkeley Shore Hotel will be rebranded under the Iberostar brand as of December 2016. The 96-room boutique hotel will be located in a renovated 1940s building, in the Art Deco district of South Beach.
- Qatar Investment Authority reportedly looking to buy New York and San Francisco St. Regis hotels
- Meliá Hotels International opens in New York
- Aloft South Beach opens in Miami
- Marriott's Miami Beach Edition sold to Abu Dhabi sovereign investment fund
- Yotel will open its first hotel in Miami in 2017
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!