The signing of nine new properties in Central America confirms the expansion strategy of Hilton group in the continent. Some 1300 rooms are expected, distributed among five countries.
Regrouped in five countries (Costa Rica, Panama, Guatemala, Belize and Honduras), these new resorts together will have approximately 1,300 rooms. Costa Rica has the bigger share, with no fewer than five new projects in development.
The symbol of this major development, Hilton Guatemala City should host 130 rooms in the Mesoamerican capital, in a picturesque setting. According to Juan Corvinos, director of the brand's development in Mexico, Central America, Andine region and Hispanic Caribbean, it is "the growth of demand in Central America" which justifies this major investment.
As of January 1, 2017, Hilton Worldwide ranked 2nd group of hotel and resorts in the world by room number, with 4,875 properties and 796,440 rooms, according to data published by Hospitality On.
Also read :
- Mandarin Oriental makes its debut in South America
- China: New Extension for the Hilton Shenzen Shekou Nanhai
- Curio Collection by Hilton lands on the French Riviera
- Hampton by Hilton has landed in the northeast of Scotland
- [SLIDESHOW] Opening of the first Hyatt Centric in Central America
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login!