Access the main content

News

Barcelo about to control 100% of the Mexican Group Occidental Hoteles

The Barcelo hotel group, from the Balearics, will acquire 100% of Occidental Hoteles, a Mexican group that owns eleven hotels and manages two facilities under management contracts. The transaction amount was not disclosed.

Owning 42.5% of the Occidental Hoteles capital since May, the Barcelo group will acquire the remaining 57.5% in order to expand into the Latin American continent.

The Mexican Occidental Hoteles has a substantial hotel portfolio in Central America with eleven properties, 4,011 rooms. It has six hotels in Mexico, two in Costa Rica, two in the Dominican Republic and one in Aruba. In addition, the group manages two other units under management contracts: the Occidental Grand Cartagena Resort of 164 rooms in Cartagena de Indias (Colombia) and the Royal Oasis by Occidental of 128 rooms in Port-au-Prince (Haiti). With this acquisition, Barcelo would enter two additional markets. Last October, Occidental Hoteles did not renew the management contracts of four Cuban hotels it administered. For the operation to take place in due form, the Majorcan group must still obtain authorization from competent authorities in Mexico.

On January 1, 2015, Barcelo was the 18th European hotel group in number of rooms with 15,469 rooms in 60 units according to MKG Hospitality, consulting firm founded by Georges Panayotis (Read our article). With this acquisition, it might pick up a few points in the world rankings.

Vous aimerez aussi :



  • Grand Hyatt brand to expand in Mexico
  • Starwood Hotels & Resorts strengthens mexican portfolio
  • Barcelo has a new hotel in Mexico
Loading...

Vous avez consulté 10 content. Go back home page or en haut de la page.

Access next article.

Sign up to add topics in favorite. Sign up to add categories in favorite. Sign up to add content in favorite. Register for free to vote for the application.

Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered?