An afternoon dedicated to hospitality assets and the challenges of hotel development in Europe.
This interactive workshop, designed for leading operators, investors, developers and political leaders, will assess the latest challenges, opportunities and solutions in relation to ESG compliance for resorts and corporate hospitality.
The session will also enable participants to debate the latest macroeconomics, the financial performances of hospitality groups, whether ESG is impacting the corporate market through reduced business travel, and options related to diversifying asset revenue streams though hybrid approaches.
A programme designed in collaboration with MKG Consulting to provide a comprehensive overview of the issues related to the development of the hotel industry in Europe.
14:00-14:05 Welcome speech
Johanna Capoani, Head of Hospitality Portfolio Management, Swiss Life Asset Managers
14:05-14:25 Keynote address: Assessing the performance of the hospitality industry through the latest financial results
- How much of a recovery and underlying resiliency have we seen? Is the industry back on track?
14:25-14:35 Keynote address: Latest hotel investment trends
Li Zhang, Senior Vice President, Real Estate, Brookfield Asset Management
14:35:15:20 Panel discussion: Latest on ESG compliance for investors and operators
- What are we seeing nationally, regionally and internationally? What about a global framework?
- What are the best ways to adapt for investors and operators?
- How much does a long-or-short term approach matter for investors?
- What is the impact on valuations for stranded assets or those that are fully compliant?
- What about operational development project costs?
- What are the solutions, the technology innovations and KPIs to use?
Camil Yazbeck, Global Chief Development Officer – Premium, Midscale & Economy division, Accor
Anna Cohen, Fund Manager, Extendam
Vanguelis Panayotis, Chairman, MKG Consulting
15:30-16:00 Roundtable topics – delegates choose one of the below table topics
- Hospitality performance round-up
Table leader: Jean-Jacques Morin, Deputy CEO, Accor
- Hotel investment trends
Table leader: Li Zhang, Senior Vice President, Real Estate, Brookfield Asset Management
Table leader: Mariya Lazarova, Head of our TUI Asset Management Company “TAMAG” – Have set a deadline for tomorrow
- Operational challenges for operators and investors
Table leader: Dr. Peter Ebertz, MD | Head of Hotels, Art-Invest Real Estate
- Diversifying asset revenue streams though hybrid approaches
- Branded residence
Table leader: Dan Wakeling, Vice President, Development, Luxury & Residential, Europe & Africa, Hilton
16:00:16:20 Roundtable moderators’ summaries their key findings to all attendees in the auditorium
In addition to this afternoon dedicated to the sector, MKG Consulting welcomes you on its stand to discuss your development projects stand B24.