With a view to reducing energy consumption in all its properties by 20%, Groupe Barrière introduced a number of measures in October as part of its energy efficiency plan.
The "Planète Barrière" strategy responds to the current need to reduce energy consumption in the context of the global energy crisis. The Group has therefore made energy sobriety one of its new priorities through the adoption of numerous measures aimed at reducing consumption by 20% in all its properties, both hotels and casinos.
Since last month, Barrière has implemented various actions:
- Switching off light advertising in Barrière Hotels from 10:30 pm to 7 am and from 1 am to 6 am in Barrière Casinos
- Reducing temperatures by 2 degrees in the properties
- Turning off the heating at Barrière headquarters every Thursday from 8pm
- Lowering the water temperature in the swimming pools by 1 degree
- Renegotiation of energy contracts so that by January 2023, 50% of the energy consumed in the properties will come from renewable energy sources
Every employee, supplier, producer and customer can take part in this ambitious strategy. In order to raise awareness and inform its 7,000 employees, Barrière provides "good practice sheets", designed to convey the right reflexes to adopt.
A number of the actions recently implemented were already among the main objectives of the "Environment" pillar of the Barrière Group. These actions have resulted in energy audits being carried out in the properties, the development of a management platform and dedicated investments with the aim of reducing water and energy consumption.
If we want to continue to celebrate the French art of living, so dear to Barrière for 110 years, we must adapt to the demands of our time. There is no tradition that can be expressed without this acute awareness of the challenges of our modernity. Today, acting for energy sobriety is not a luxury. It is a mission that is now part of the daily concerns of all our employees.
Dominique Desseigne, Chairman and CEO of Barrière