Discover the full list of winners at the 17th edition of the Worldwide Hospitality Awards
For this 17th edition of the Worldwide Hospitality Awards, 800 participants gathered at the InterContinental Paris Le Grand for the presentation of the Worldwide Hospitality Awards. This ceremony was presided over by Wolfgang M. Neumann, President and CEO of Rezidor Hotel Group.
Worldwide Hospitality Awards 2016
This year once again, Hospitality ON has valorized initiatives taken by groups, brands and independent hotels to make the international hotel industry evolve, by organizing the annual Worldwide Hospitality Awards. Out of more than 150 applications presented in the 12 categories, finalists and winners were chosen after an online vote on Hospitality ON and the deliberation of two juries of experts on the Advisory Board, including both hoteliers and non-hoteliers, presided over by Georges Sampeur, Chairman of the Board, B&B Hotels, as well as by Hugues Parant, former prefect of the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region who was designated to lead the jury this year.
Those attending the ceremony also contributed to the choice of winners in six categories (Best Digital Innovation, Best Innovation in Hotel Concept, Best Innovation in Services in Addition to Accommodations, Best Communication Campaign, Best "Wow" Effect for a Luxury Hotel, Best Hotel School), by live electronic voting. This year once again, innovation and exemplariness gained favor and international groups as well as independent hoteliers were rewarded.
"Today the success of the Worldwide Hospitality Awards lies in its steady growth, a phenomenon that prefigures the future of Hospitality. It is not just about modernizing brands, concepts, communication, but also, and above all, about rejuvenation that is evident within the candidacies, and among participants and the public attending the ceremony. This event that addresses the future more than ever represents a unique opportunity to discover the concepts that will shape the hotel industry and entrepreneurs of tomorrow. A new generation is taking the helm, which is why we may observe a growing crowd of ‘Millennials’ at its side; these young men and women successfully appropriated the new economy to spectacularly transform the landscape of the sector. Their presence, their confidence and their enthusiasm express the vitality of the Worldwide Hospitality Awards. In light of the promises they represent, we can only be optimistic about the success of future editions of this event that has become a must for the industry – for both historic groups and the young professionals who will soon take up the industry’s reins," declared Georges Panayotis, President and Founder of the Worldwide Hospitality Awards.
The deliberation of the juries, together with the live votes, monitored by a court bailiff, resulted in the following winners:
- Best Communication Campaign – Radisson Red Brussels / Rezidor Hotel Group (#Livebrussels Campaign)
- Best Brand Marketing Operation – Jaz in the City / Deutsche Hospitality (#Builtbymusic)
- Best Initiative in Sustainable Development & Social Responsibility – Meliá Hotels Zanzibar / Meliá Hotels International (A better life for Kairo Village)
- Best Initiative in HR and Talent Management – Radisson Red / Rezidor Hotel Group (Recruitment Campaign "Red Cast")
- Best Innovation in Hotel Concept – City Hub Amsterdam
- Best Innovation in Services in Addition to Accommodations – Maya Boutique Hôtel (Green Mobility Val d'Hérens)
- Best Digital Innovation – Radisson Blu & Park Inn by Radisson / Rezidor Hotel Group (#Bluroutes by Radisson Blu et #Runninn by Park Inn by Radisson) Guest Running & Cycling Circuits)
- Best “WOW” effect for a Luxury Hotel – ME London by Meliá / Meliá Hotels International (Video Mapping Atrium at ME London Hotel)
- Best Hotelier – Olivier Louis (One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai) et Michel Morauw (Hyatt Regency Paris Étoile)
- Best Iconic Employee – Pierre Ferchaud (Yacht-Club de Monaco)
In addition, Deutsche Hospitality received the Grand Prix 2016. The Lifetime Achievement award went to François Branellec and Alain Jacquier, two historic figures in French hospitality.
During the ceremony, professionals also opened the way for future generations by presenting them with a series of awards at the 6th edition of the Hospitality Schools Awards:
- Best Innovation in an Educational Program – Glion (Enhancing Millenial Student Learning)
- Best Professional Success – Olivia Byrne (Eccleston Square Hotel)
- Best Hospitality Management School – Groupe Vatel
Discover all the applicants for 2016 here.
The Worldwide Hospitality Awards have been organized by Hospitality ON for seventeen years and each year receives close to 150 applications from around the world. The awards are thus a veritable showcase for the diversity of the hospitality industry worldwide and an indicator of the most innovative efforts and concepts.
For more information: www.hospitalityawards.com
To participate, contact us at +33 (0)184.108.40.206.89 / events(@)hospitality-on.com